LIKE ONE OF THE MEMBERS | HRVY × NCT DREAM "DNYL" MV



This collab was unexpected and one of the most unique ones I've seen this year.  Let's get into this post!

Pros
  • Acoustic elements
  • Renjun vocals
  • Jisung unexpected vocals
  • Jaemin and Jeno rap and evolution
  • Concept
  • HRVY vocals, visuals, dance
  • HRVY cohesion



Cons
  • None



The first thing I actually like about this song musically was the acoustic elements. I didn't really expect it too much at first but it actually fits the whole vibe of the MV.

Renjun always had some of the strongest vocals in Dream but damn did he slay in this song. I'm not sure if it's because of him simply improving over the time we haven't had a Drean comeback or if It's just more noticeable because Haechan isn't there to overshadow him... 
I'm just sayin' ...😐🤐😶

Speaking of overshadowed, Jisung gave is a good shock coming at us with the vocals like that! Honestly, a lesson to learn, sometimes the rappers got vocals too but the singers are just in the singing spotlight. 😏

Jisung needs to sing more often because I live for deep singing voices in an industry full of high voices.

With Jeno and Jaemin, they had me feeling some types of ways... Their raps so smooth and they were just so 🤤. (That emoji is just the best way for me to describe them.)

Those two overall are really coming into their mature side. They know that they're going from snacks to meals don't they, huh?
We gotta start preparing for the rood that coming from them in the future!
😏😉🤣

The MV concept was so cute and it was something that truly captured the essence of NCT Dream's youthful concept at the moment since at the ages there are at now, the first heartbreak experience, really can resonate with us younger stans that are dating. It's giving me more inspiration for the fan comic that I'm working on. 😉

Another thing that I actually like about the concept is the fact that HRVY was so well incorporated into the concept. Truthfully, in collabs, especially K-pop collabs, the featuring artist is just there to be there. Sure, they have a part in the song but it's usually short and vaguely connected and they barely have a relevant part in the MV.
That was not the case here.


HRVY was just like one of the members. His parts weren't too short, he played a relevant role in the MV's story, he danced with them, and most of all his overall energy and vocals blended with Dream.

I might be saying something controversial but he's making me feel less sad about Mark being gone. He has some pretty good vocals and he's cute; I petition for HRVY to be an NCT Dream member!

This collab is probably definitely going in my favorite collaborations that happened this year, maybe even in all of K-pop. I can tell that the song, concept, and MV was truly made with HRVY in mind and that he wasn't just thrown in just for the sake of having a collaboration and that the members truly leveled up since we heard them in "We Go Up". I doubt it will happen but I want this collab to happen again.





Click on my logo to follow the blog Twitter to stay notified when I post and follow my IG @kpopayisyen!

Comments