DREAM STAGES AND COLOR THEORY | NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams [THEORY]

READING TIME: 4 min 20 sec
(not including tweet)

NCT 2021 YearDream: Stage 2 - Surfing in Our Dreams

Finally back with another review and theory post for YearDream! This episode was a really fun one so let's get right into it!

⫻⫽---------⫎⩎⫍---------⫻⫽


As we already know from previous episodes, the Neos are still in their dream state and their Dreams are currently synchronized. But now, it seems as though they're becoming more animated? As I mentioned in my post for YearDream - Stage 3, I think that the animated/cartoon appearance (including those colorful animated swirls) is what they look like when synchronizing and traveling between each others' dreams.

Taeil is reading a book and it's about color psychology. Interesting. 🤔

NCT 2021 YearDream: Stage 2 - Surfing in Our Dreams , Taeil, color psychology, book

(At this point, this is how I analyze NCT content so this has to mean something...hopefully. 🤡)


Taeil's room doors push into the wall and open into Chenle's dream. He's chilling at the pool when Taeil steps near it and picks up the water. Then, Taeil becomes animated and surfs into Ten's dream. Ten noticed that he accidentally unplugged the music and left wet footprints on the floor; then he and Taeil meet each other. 
 
NCT 2021 YearDream: Stage 2 - Surfing in Our Dreams , Taeil,
NCT 2021 YearDream: Stage 2 - Surfing in Our Dreams , Taeil, Ten

I think that whole scene was hinted right at the beginning. Look at the slot machine.


Next, Yuta meets Xiaojun but he does see Yuta so Yuta just keeps watching him and trying to get him to notice. 🤣 Xiaojun only slightly, suddenly notices Yuta is there when the light flickers and sees the reflection in the mirror but when he looked back he couldn't see him.

Seriously, I gotta say Yuta got some of the best scenes in these YearDream videos. I mean, so cute! I never expected this pairing but I'm here for it.

NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams, Yuta, Xiaojun
NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams, Yuta, Xiaojun
NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams, Yuta, Xiaojun

We surprisingly see Winwin in the next scene. He's just walking and vibing to some music and you see animated Yuta walking behind him. Winwin doesn't notice immediately but he kinda got that feeling and turned back. He meets Yuta and they reach out their hands to each other and the resonance sound plays.

NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams, Yuta, Winwin
NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams, Yuta, Winwin
NCT 2021 YearDream : Stage 2 - Surfing in our Dreams, Yuta, Winwin

We finally got Yuwin after 84 years! But not only that; they were the only ones in this episode who met and resonated!

My YuWin heart exploded! I think I'll just go cry in a corner right now.



Now that the crying session is over. Here is my final analysis:


MY ANALYSIS

I think that the colors have some kind of meaning and significance but I'm not sure of the meaning. The Neos are in stage 2 of the dream process which is 'dream.' But to me, it's more like stage 2 transitioning into stage 3, (synchronization of dreams) because they were in their dreams alone, but then Taeil, and Yuta, for example, met Chenle, Ten, Xiaojun, and Winwin.

Sadly, I don't really have my own theory for this, just a review/analysis since this episode was short and sweet. The only thing to theorize on is the color theory but I don't have any ideas.




 Of course, this is why I read and include other NCTzen's theories so I can pick someone else's brain and so we can discuss it and figure it out together.


AN NCTZEN THEORY

I didn't want to include the whole thread for both tweets since they're a bit long but they are just awesome! I honestly don't see why those theories don't have more RTs and likes.
Please got read the thread if you haven't already. It's super insightful!

Anyways, my thought on this theory is that we should really be paying more attention to the colors and their connection to the dream states. These two threads, especially the first, make you realize that even the MVs we thought weren't involved with the story actually are connected. The colors can signify what type of dream stage they are all in. 
Something I also never noticed was that each unit debuted with a color that corresponds to a type of Dream state. Like @basontheblock said, red = reality, yellow = neither dream nor reality, and blue = dream. This makes a lot of sense when you look at each units' first couple of MVs and pay attention to the setting and theme. Even the unit concepts match as well.

NCT 127 = red = reality
NCT Dream = blue = dream
WayV = yellow/gold = neither dream nor reality



⫻⫽---------⫎⩎⫍---------⫻⫽

What do are y'all's thoughts on this YearDream episode? Do you agree with @basontheblock's theory? Let me know in the comments!



Follow my SNS accounts to interact with me and stay up to date with my blog posts! 
Check my schedule to see when future blog posts are published and
support me on Ko-fi as well! I truly appreciate it!


Comments