SPORTS, STYLE, AND SYMBOLISM | SF9 - Good Guy MV

Read time: 2 min 16 sec

After 6 months, we've finally got another comeback from SF9 and this time it a full album! I'll be reviewing their album soon but for now. There's so much to love in this new MV so let's get into it!


Pros
  • vintage/sports chic concept
  • Beautiful sets
  • Choreo (Taeyang and Chani's dance breaks)
  • House EDM genre
  • Lyrics
  • Album/MV theme
Cons
  •  Dawon's lack of screen time


 First off, I think practically all Fantasies who have seen their track record in ISAC know that sports scenes in this MV are pretty ironic since only three of them did well in a sports category. But does it really matter that this MV is more of an expectation rather than a reality if they look that good doing it? 😂 And, what made it even better was their styling and the sets. The only thing that such was that Dawon has so little scenes. Directors, what happened?? 😥
Anyways, mixing the suits and the vintage sets with sports just made it have this chic but energetic vibe that I honestly haven't seen to many MVs have.


 With me mentioning the sets, the sets in this MV were so beautiful especially these ones (including the one at the top of this post):


 The ending scene set was just everything since it was so cool and symbolic having all of their gold bracelets spinning around them and those camera angles?! Bruh... the goosebumps...🤯
That part was so amazing!
Speaking of amazing, can I just gush over Taeyang and Chani's dance breaks? I shouldn't be shook ('cause they slay on the regular) but I am though! I mean look at them! *inserts the flavor meme*



Just the overall choreography was pure slayage. Especially the chorus part. 🙌


Now, onto the song itself, I have no complaints! I love me a nice beat drip so you know I was here for this house/EDM sound. It may be winter but when you're listening to this song it summer. 🤣 The lyrics were charming and catchy and as per usual, Hwiyoung, Youngbin, and Zuho raps were bomb!

 Going back to the symbolism with the bracelets toward the end of the MV, I saw this comment on the 9lory trailer that had me like "Wow! How did I not notice this?!" 🤔

When you watch the trailer, then watch the MV, and understand what it all represents, it makes you think about how much they've grown and how far they've come and that makes the ending the best and most beautiful part of the MV.✨



What do you like about "Good Guy"? What are your favorite parts? Let me know in the comments!


Click on my logo to follow the blog Instagram and subscribe to the blog (the button is above) to stay notified when I post!
https://www.instagram.com/kpopayisyen/

Comments