TAKE THE HIGHWAY | NCT 127 - Highway to Heaven MV

Read time: 2 min 6 sec


Pros
  • Aesthetics
  • Visuals
  • Vocals
  • Lyrics
  • Special thanks

Cons
  • Special thanks



The setting is exactly what I'd picture it to be while listening to this song. Every scene is so pretty that I just can choose one and their poppin' visuals are not making it easier 😍 The filters make the scenery and the members look so gorgeous. We only got casual playful NCT with their self-made MVs so getting that all over again in an official video was a nice little treat. This whole MV is looking like an influencer's IG page.
(I'm too lazy to make edit these as an IG post but you can imagine it. 😂)



The vocals were also on point as expected of this generation's vocal kings 😏 I especially loved Haechan the most in this song since he was slaying from beginning to end!
🙌🏾

The lyrics were something that all the hard stan NCTzens were FULLY enjoying 😏😏😏
They know how to get the American fans hook, line, and sinker🤣


It's nice that they don't just straight up translate Korean to English when they do English versions because it actually shows how one song can be put in various meanings and contexts so that the song feels fresh and new in each language version. I also hope that this entices fans to be more interested in the lyrical content of songs because, whether you understand it immediately or not, knowing the meaning make them more enjoyable.

Now, I don't usually have cons but this time I do. It's not truly a con but I'm gonna count it as both a pro and a con anyway.

It was cute to thank the fans and all but the whole "127" part after the "NCTzen" was just rubbing a lot of us the wrong way. I know that they're not stupid enough to intentionally cause commotion but maybe they were not fully aware of how this could be the gasoline to an enormous fire.

The timing for this is just all too funny while there are (some) Weishennies who are basically ready to be emancipated from the NCTzen fandom and there is just overall bitterness between the unit stans. Why not just NCTzen?? We've been saying it like that for the longest time. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Hopefully, a third time of this kind of this doesn't need to happen for whoever's in charge of NCT to get the memo.

What do you guys think of "Highway to Heaven" and what do you guys think about them thanking us as "NCTzen 127"? Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts!







Click on my logo to follow the blog Twitter to stay notified when I post and follow my IG @kpopayisyen!


Comments