GOOD BUT NOT WORTH THE WAIT | Jason Derulo, LAY, NCT 127 - Let's Shut Up & Dance MV

Sorry, I'm posting this so late but I'm trying to catch up on schoolwork as well as work on some of the other blogs and some other things in my plans... 😉

Anyway, after watching this, I'm seeing that I'll have to talk about this MV while letting the NCTzen mini-me take the back seat since I have different thoughts about it if I look at it with different PoVs.

So first of all, the song started off pretty strong and was super catchy. Of course, vocals were slaying and with this kind of collab, it's guaranteed. The choreo was pretty cool and you definitely see the MJ influence in it.

I know that everyone is so happy about the lyrics and video for the diversity, and honestly, it is nice but, don't get too hung up on it 'cause it is impossible to list every kind of person in a three-minute song and still actually sound good. 🤣🤣🤣

Now, I'm gonna get more critical about this and actually get to what makes my title what it is.

Flaw one, for me, is that it wasn't MJ enough. My mom and I, when we were watching it, could both agree that it didn't really feel too much like a true tribute outside of some of the dance moves. The song is great as its own thing but as a tribute, I say it was kinda meh and not really worth the long 4 month-ish wait.

 Maybe I'm being too picky, but I feel they could've at least added some lines from one of Michael Jackson's songs. Jason, Lay, and NCT 127 could each have a song that they get a couple lines from. "Black or White" would be a really great choice since the video is also promoting some racial diversity.

Next thing is that, with the chorus parts that 127 had, they could've interchanged members to give them a little more audio time. The MV time is tight but I think it's somewhat doable. But overall, I don't really care that much but it is a thought.

I enjoyed 127's scenes in the MV and honestly, they got one of the coolest parts when it comes to cinematography.
 I'm mean, look at this... so awesome! 🔥


I still think the song itself is a bop but I personally think it didn't truly fulfill its purpose as an MJ tribute. Tell me what you think about this special collab in the comments. Also please share this post too!








Click on my logo to follow the blog Twitter to stay notified when I post and follow my IG @kpopayisyen!

Comments